Tuesday, February 25, 2003

I hate doing recruitment. Company posted ads sometime ago in the papers and respondents were quite a tidy number. Unfortunately, most of them were fresh-grads who do not seem to understand the term 'experience essential'. But that's not all. Sent an automated reply saying I'll get back to them the end of next week. Now, END of next week means Friday or even Saturday. I got calls from Monday onwards asking about their application status. And some people don't seem to understand that after working hours, I have better things to do than to answer your freaking calls. Office hours are there for a reason.

Anyways, sent out rejection letters yesterday, 2 days after I was supposed to. Now, as far as I see it, 2 days really isn't all that late. However, got an email today from someone sarcastically highlighting that I was late by a week (once again, END of next week, not next week) and berating about time punctuality and how his name is properly spelt. Seriously, like I really care. You dah lar already rejected and I was kind enough to keep your name in the database for future employment. Come on... even if I am late, you are seeking a job, and humility (not uptightness) goes a long long way. People should just say, 'Thank you for your consideration. I appreciate it if you could let me know of any opportunities in the future. I look forward to hearing from you then. Thank you again.' (and fortunately most people do). Grrr...

Once again, I hate doing recruitment.

No comments: