Wednesday, March 12, 2003

Good morning. It's a mighty sleepy Wednesday and I have a bee sting on my scalp. Didn't hurt that much surprisingly (and that's a GOOD thing). I hope the rest of the day will be uneventful.

Am feeling better today. And that's because I have work. I get restless when I'm at work without work.

On yesterday's sentiment, I still think us humans as a species really needs rethinking though. I read in the Star the other day about this competition where students compose and present their essays, this time titled something like whether venturing into space is worthwhile. I don't know why but this really gets to me. It is true that a lot of money is spent on space research and travel and money could be better used here sometimes but space is an investment that we cannot ignore. Earth is but a puny planet and if we think us superior, the race is doomed (which is why I don't think religion makes sense outside of some emotional security). I am positive that life outside of earth is not just feasible but very much likely and they probably think themselves superior as well. We can't even decide on a universal system of belief back on earth, and what, we had centuries to fight it out. But venturing into space I think will be very unifying. If we can see ourselves beyond a country, race or even religion and as a small member of the vast universe, maybe people have better sense then.

Anyways, enough space/theological babble. Everyone has a right to their own beliefs, just as long as they don't delude themselves into thinking that they're supremely right and begin imposing on others. Open-mindedness I think is something that all religion lacks.

Have a good day now.


(woohoo! Star Trek Nemesis opens tomorrow! woohoo!)

No comments: