Drove to work this morning with bleary eyes and hair uncombed thinking it was Thursday. Very good sign of a two thumbs up weekend. :D
Saturday
Since I slept late on Friday (was on the phone making Telekoms happy), woke up Saturday morning tired and a tad cranky what with the devils on earth (my cousins) making a racket that could wake up the dead twice over. Did my regular morning routine (which basically involved tidying the rabbits and a shower) and quickly headed out (an hour earlier than I was supposed to). Any longer and I'm bound to be in jail for child assault. (DEVILS I tell you!).
Drove to Megamall to meet Kok for lunch. Had a superb Nandos meal (it has been so long) that was kindly paid for by Kok. We stayed in Nandos a good 2 hours chit-chatting about his freelancing adventures and business opportunities (stirring the money-minded China man inside us). It was a good conversation and I have some small freelancing work for him in return for more Nandos in the future. :D
Decided to catch a movie, Oliver came and joined us a while later. Queued hoping to catch I-SPY but it was soon sold out. Decided to watch Sweet Home Alabama instead (much to my relief, am not a big fan of Eddie Murphy). The movie is great! I so love good romantic comedies and the satirical look at Southern Americans what with the slang and all the honky tonk nonsense is so much fun. I don't always laugh out loud in cineplexes but this one is just hilarious. Too bad I ended up laughing alone most of the time. Malaysians are so the slow in catching subtle comedy. People should read and travel more.
We all split ways after, and I decided to drop by KLCC to see a friend. Since I don't know how to drive there, decided to leave my car at Megamall and took a cab to the Bangsar LRT. Wasn't too bad. A little congested but tolerable. Reached there in good time, browsed a bit then met my friend and I decided to head back to Megamall. By this time I realised that I would never be able to make it Puchong in time for dinner with Saw. Called Saw and explained and he didn't seemed to mind, much to my relief. (sorry Saw, you know what happened). So went back to Megamall, had dinner at a Korean place, then planned to head for home. Friend however was a little sick by then so decided to send him home. Took me quite a while since he lives in KL but managed to reach Puchong at about 10:15 to meet Saw for supper and conversation.
Sunday
Woke up tired again but had a bad vibe all over. Quickly went down and saw my car reverse sensors on the floor, chewed up by the dog. Considering that the car is new and reverse sensors being NOT cheap, I swore, I could have killed the darn dog there and then. Stood there in my pyjamas, smacking and spraying the darned beast while berating it for being hopelessly bad. Neighbours must have confirmed my insanity by then. Thank gawd I was decent. Pyjamas can be very erm... revealing at times. My aunt now wants to get rid of the dog. Honestly, it's not the dog's fault entirely. When you get a dog, or any pet, you have to take responsibility. My aunt leaves the dog on its own, no one but me (rarely when I have the time) plays with it and it has never been walked for ages. It's hardly fed proper (dried dog biscuits everyday is plain cruel). And then there's the unattended hamster that's fed by tossing food into the cage and the poor fishes. It's not easy to see why the kids are the way they are. Grr... you can see I'm pissed. What my aunt does is really none of my business but when I have to fork out money to get my car repaired, it really makes me mad. Can't wait to move out. Some family ties are best kept with some distance.
Anyways, went off to Megall (again) to meet Chun and Saw for Nandos (again) and did some shopping after that. Sorry Saw and Chun but after the 2nd hour, it was clear that I'm obviously intruding on a couple moment! Need to learn to be more tactful. Thank goodness Jin came, albeit hours late. Saw and Chun left at about 5'ish so Jin and I had dinner at McD's. (it being the weekend, I'm treating myself to fast food after week long dieting and work-outs). Jin then needed a lift to the Bangsar LRT so decided to be adventurous and gave it a go by following signboards. DID find it easily and didn't quite get lost. Am so proud of myself. Poorly honed directional skills must have gotten a wee bit better.
Monday
Woke up this morning tired and realised my mudflaps were chewed. I am going to slice, dice and skewer that dog to hell and back when I reach home. Saw, please please please move to USJ quick.
No comments:
Post a Comment