Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Argh! Back to work! (slaps myself on face)

It has been such a loooong and great weekend that coming back to work is really so dreadful. Back at the desk again, staring at the monitor and argh, can just see the floodgates bursting with work and stress.

Last Day in Bangkok

Went to a huge park called Lumpini park on my last morning there (after another incredibly indulgent breakfast of pancakes, bacon, eggs, fried rice, grilled chicken, salads and yoghurt) and was amazed at the size of it (have I told you it was huge). It's easily as big as 10 football fields with lakes and small rivers everywhere. Entrance to the park is filled with 'pasar' style vendors hawking breakfast, greens and cooked dishes. The park itself is mighty clean and people abide with the non-smoking regulation (smokers should be shot) but the interesting part is the things people do there. You have lots of people doing martial arts from kickboxing, wushu, solitary meditation stuff and most interesting a taichi like thingy with fans. I know it's for defense and not dance because the things they do with the fans looks lethal at times, like stabbing, blocking, flicking and etc (reminiscent of HK kungfu movies). Very cool. Also there are people doing ballroom dancing, public karaoke (lots and lots of these) and homestyle beauty parlours. Very colourful place and smackingly different from the hustle and bustle of the city.

Came back to the hotel early and since I have time to spare, caught a movie on HBO. Gawd.. I wish I didn't because they were showing Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome starring Mel Gibson and Tina Turner and is easily one of the worst movies I've seen. Dreadful. Went to the airport soon after and came back home uneventfully. Phew.

KLIA

KLIA is confusing and I really don't like the SkyTrain. Imagine a planeload of passengers rushing (and breaking into a run sometimes) to squeeze into one measly sized SkyTrain. And the baggage claim is sloooww. It may look like a million bucks but service could barely warrant a cent.

Anyways

The rest of the weekend was uneventful and fun. Went out with a good friend for food and conversation and also went back to Melaka to get the car serviced and etc. T'was a good long weekend and I hope you guys had a good one too.

No comments: