First up, Ipoh was great! It's really a pleasant city, with very nice people, and superb food without the hefty price tag. Enjoyed the trip and would never thought I say this but would definitely love to go back. After numerous work trips to (ack) Penang, Ipoh is such a refreshing change. Work however was a different thing. Doing roadshows at Chinese Schools severely highlight my language handicap. Spent the day saying, 'tui' 'ke yi' and 'ten ee sia'. Sad. Thank goodness for the tauge chicken kuetiau... how I miss thee... and the heang pia's... ah....
Arrived back in USJ on Friday evening and rushed off to my final class at The One Academy. Pretty uneventful except when a student started crying because she couldn't understand the questions. I have no idea how someone with such limited English language understanding can get to final year. Gave in to her request for a dictionary, unfortunately, she still failed the course. Thank goodness I won't be there for that drama.
Spent the weekend doing last minute shopping and getting the studio in shape. Things seem settled now, just need to add a few decorative stuff and put up a sign and I'm good. Will be printing flyers later for distribution. ANYONE who wants to help out in the evenings will be forever remembered. Spamming mailboxes is boring solo work.
Also got my aquarium finally set up. Pretty... spent quite a bit on bulbs as well. Changed most of the bulbs in the house to the economical ones... though at the hefty price tag, I wonder how much savings it actually works out to. One of those bulbs = RM15+ as opposed to RM1.50 for the regular ones. However, they claim a lifespan of up to 4 years. Hmm... someone should do the math and let me know. Wonder if there's an online calculator for it. Hehe...
Also finally got my garden settled. After endless rainy evenings and postponement with Saw, decided to just get the grass cutter to do it with the weed whacker. 30 mins and he's all done. Will have probably taken 2-3 man hours instead. Garden is so bare tho... anyone with plants to contribute? :)
And oh, also watched Super Sapiens on Thursday... fun :)
No comments:
Post a Comment