At 24, just short of half a century past, my dad got married and had me a year later. With a pay cheque barely 200 a month and fresh from school, my mom and dad took the leap into marriagehood and subsequently parenthood at an age where we are all concerned about how we can buy the luxuries we want with our 'meagre' thousand over dollar salary. Whether I came into the picture by choice or circumstance, all I know is that for all of their younger years, I was in the picture in a life changing way for both of them.
I'm relating this because everywhere I go, I hear people complain. Look at the headlines, we are a nation of whiners. We whine, gripe, complain about everything under the sun but when push comes to shove, we take the road of complacency and expect problems to resolve on it's own. Everyone has problems, no matter rich or poor, lucky or otherwise. The best way however, I realise to deal with all the problems in life is a change of perspective. For example, as much as traffic jams bother me, it only does because I'm fortunate enough to be able to afford a car. Everything is about perspective and though it's great to aspire, don't forget to count the blessings along the way. And let us just stop the whining and try to become a nation united.
Through it all, the best rewards in life are truly the simplest things. Take a breather, think about the things you are truly thankful for and share it with everyone. I will look forward to reading the comments :)
No comments:
Post a Comment