Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A new year beckons...

2007 is here and like any start of the year, it's always a time for reflection and ponderance on the past, the present, and the to be.

At this time last year, I remember feeling contented and blessed. And this year, I feel very much the same if not more! 2006 has truly been a year for the record books in the story of my life. Here are some highlights:

1. I was confirmed as Head of Academics in my previous company which also moved to a spanking new building. It was an incidental career path that I grew to love and definitely achieved more than what I expected.

2. CreativeKids really took off last year with full capacity for almost all classes and some enquiries even had to be turned down. A small homegrown project born out of necessity became in many ways a surprising success! At least in my books!

3. Bunnies in the backyard really became an integral part of my life what with adorable babies and sad deaths and losses. I had to see them all go in 2006 but I am glad to have had them in my life. To King Wombat, Wallaby Wallace the 4th, Biscuit, Dominose, Mocha, Caramel, Fudge, Biscotto, Biscotti, Cody, and Raisin... I will definitely miss you guys.

4. I cleared all outstanding debts on my credit cards and I enter the new year with no outstanding balances!

5. I've met some really good friends and rekindled old ones. You know who you are.

6. I managed to get the job of my dreams (at least my dreams for the moment!). Great company, good job scope, and excellent remuneration.

7. I bought a house! Yet to move in as lots more legalese to wade through but it's a done deal.

8. My home in Melaka is flooded but amidst the tragedy, the family found connection, strengthened bonds and truly recognised the blessings of having an extended family that cares, is supportive and are just truly wonderful people.

9. I went to the USA!

10. I am alive and well :)

To all my friends, thanks guys and gals for being there. I really should put more effort into keeping in touch but even in silence, I never forget the times shared :)

A toast to a great year for all of us!

No comments: