Monday, February 20, 2006

Hope lost...

It has been a tragic week in my backyard. Mocha, my beautiful she-bunny has passed away in her burrow, likely due to birthing complications leaving behind not just woeful Caramel but three babies, now sadly undernourished and unkept. I've brought the babies in for some tlc and hopefully, they will be able to start eating solids and build some strength. Caramel however is taking it real badly.

He has been refusing to eat, choosing to sit in the rain and tragically seeming to choose to die. And he will likely pass on by morning, as he now lies in the throes of final minutes. It is sad watching him go, eyes all teary and body limp with lost. But Mocha was his one true friend and in the bunny backyard, good friends are but one.

I will be sad for him and I hope that through the night, when he breathes his final breath, he will be all good. At least I got to say goodbye. Never had the same opportunity with Mocha, who just disappeared to the earth.

At least I have the babies to live on their memories. God bless Mocha, Caramel, and may the three new lives find strength amidst absence.

No comments: