Reflections
Been having some soul searching of late. A few incidents prompted it. One was the realisation that I've spent 6 months at my current job! And it just whizzed by. I can remember how every month at my previous job was so slow coming. Thinking about things like this prompted a flashback (which is always good to have to keep you grounded and forward).
10 months ago:
- Seemingly pointless job and zero career path made me turn in my resignation. Also prompted by boss who never kept his word. Promises should always be kept.
8 months ago:
- Began job hunting in earnest. Offered a part-time teaching position at The One for Business Management. Never taught before and was intimidated as I really know nothing about Business Management but jumped into it and enjoyed it.
7 months ago:
- Job hunting was not going well, probably because I wasn't keen on most of the prospects. Decided to change tack and apply for lecturing positions.
- Feb 2004 was both a blissful relaxing month but also stressful as after 3 months of job hunting, no jobs were forthcoming. Finally got my current job 2 days before I took a break to go to Cambodia.
6 months ago:
- Kicked off new job and had a whole new lease on life. Amazing how perspective can change so much so quickly.
5 months ago:
- A last minute decision made me rent an entire house which will have cost me half my salary. Jumped into it with eyes closed and started CreativeKids. Realised that if I didn't commit, my hopes for a side business will never materialise so commit I did. No students = no money to pay rent = unthinkable.
4 months ago:
- CreativeKids kicked off with 2 students in the first week. House has also been done up and things seem positive.
2 months ago:
- Student numbers reached the 10 student mark! A target I thought will take half a year to achieve, not 2 months. Although am working harder than ever before, it's very rewarding to be in control of your life.
1 month ago:
- Signed up for a Masters in Online Education. Realised that after working full-time and with CreativeKids, I still have time to spare so didn't want to waste it. Am going to do all I can now to achieve goals before I hit 30.
Today:
- Bike is stolen but inconsequential. In 10 months, I've moved from being grumpy, directionless, and lethargic, to being driven, positive, and pumped. It's an amazing experience and all it took was the decision to quit. Risks must always be taken for rewards to come to play. Never believed in that (always played it safe) until now.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment