Sunday, October 06, 2002

Hi! ... am back online after a 3 day hiatus from work, the internet and the incredulous PJ traffic. :D Was in Genting for 2 nights and had a ball of a time. Did nothing but eat, sleep, and watch movies. T'was great! Transport tho is another thing. Didn't want to drive coz the last time I did, brakes didn't quite work too well so had a might close call. PHEW. So planned to take the bus. Arrived at the Gombak Putra LRT at about 1050 and the queue was already so long. Managed to get tickets for 1pm only so ditched the tickets and took a cab for RM16 per person. Unfortunately, snared myself an F1 wannabe who sped up the hill in record time. Stayed in 4th and 5th gears throughout with engines gunning while overtaking every vehicle while careening over sharp bends. Gawd was I relieved when I arrived. Phew... the driver has 13 kids btw, go figure. Anyways, Genting is ok... weather was great (reminded me of Seattle) though the wallets do get a tad burned. BUT, it's a holiday after all and all's well. Came down by bus, uneventfully, and here I am on a Sunday, dreading Monday. How quick doth thee weekend fly...

No comments: