
I spent 4 wonderful days in Langkawi with my family and it was wonderful. The pictures here are from Tanjung Rhu, one of the nicer beaches on the main island. I'm not quite a fan of beaches myself but got to admit, Rhu is breathtaking.
I also had dinner at the infamous Loaf. It's a cafe/bakery co-owned by our former PM and there was certainly a good number of tourists going in just to take pictures. The bread is good though and we also had lunch.
Breaded Chicken Burger - RM 18
Club Sandwich - RM15
Seafood Fettucini - RM30
Chicken Curry - RM25
We also stopped by the hot springs for a good feet soaking. This is the Telaga Air Hangat which is surprisingly free. Pails all provided for you to get the water from the well which is fairly hot.
We also dropped by the Underwater World to check out the penguins. It's too bad that the marine tank was poisoned but everything else was alright. The aquarium had a recent upgrade so it's much better than I remembered though at RM28 per person, it's way overpriced especially when you compare it to Aquaria.
One of the highlights for me was the Cable Car ride. It's wonderfully scenic and the top platform high on the Machincang range is cool with awe-inspring views. You can also see the suspended bridge that you can walk down to.
Spotted this strange mushroom while semi-trekking down to the suspension bridge.
A view from the top station. Breathtaking.
Will I visit Langkawi again? Am actually going in November for work :) It's a wonderful place to visit and chill out but go during off-peak seasons otherwise it can be a chore pushing your way through crowds.
No comments:
Post a Comment