Thursday, September 14, 2006

All my bags are packed...

I am melancholic... it's been a week of farewells and next week promises even more as I slowly uproot myself from the college and prepare for my new job come October.

It's terribly upsetting leaving a job you enjoy but it's also immensely exciting having the prospect of a job you could enjoy even more! Either way, it's bittersweet... and as much as I'm looking forward to be in KLCC, I'm going to miss the college, my colleagues, students and my desk.

Change is definitely the theme of the month. On top of a new job, I'm also looking at many other new things with a new house being on top of my mind. With certain circumstances, I feel like moving out. Too many memories in my place and I think it may be time to upgrade from a renter to an owner. It's a nagging thought and we'll see how it goes.

I've never been one to hold on to the past. Gawd knows I've hardly ever kept up contact with old friends... can't even remember my friends in secondary school. I have for the most lived in the present with an eye to the future but with age and experience, I have to say that all this moving forward stuff can be delusional. Sometimes, it would be nice to live in the past and remember where you came from and those who helped you through.

Melancholy in September never fails...

No comments: