Monday, July 17, 2006

Muddled Monday

I am full of gibberish today. Not sure whether it's all the sleep I got on Sunday or the fact that I'm underdressed (in t-shirt instead of shirt) but today is one muddled Monday.

It has been ages since I have literally nothing to do and it's amazing that it's all tied up to my machine. My PC is in the shop being upgraded to XP and without it, I'm utterly useless. Furthermore, with this week being a mid-semester break, I have no classes to go to and no students are around for consultation.

Summary is... I'm bored.

To make matters worse, only 7 of my colleagues are around and from this 7, only 2-3 are about in the office. Having 14 people on leave certainly makes a huge difference to what is usually a lively office environment. It's just so dead today.

It's now 2pm and I've exhausted all possible time with emails... rearranged the pens and pencils... went to the bathroom almost every 30 minutes and ate lunch twice.

Thankfully, my machine will be back tomorrow and hopefully, life at work will keep me busy again. I like being useful.

No comments: