Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Children are the best medicine

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't eat children. What happened was that I was feeling really under the weather yesterday, with a scratchy throat and throbbing headache but after a 2 hour class with the CreativeKids kids, I felt immensely better. It's amazing really.

Though it could be an exceptional situation. I had a great class, great here meaning a well prepared well timed class with wonderful kids. The Tuesday bunch are highly intelligent and so naively funny that it makes you want to have kids. Then Thursday comes along and I'm reminded why I don't want kids. But I digress, being with children is theraupeutic, at least in keeping your mind off yourself and giving a more sensible perspective to life.

It's not always that you sing the Barney song, chant lines like "Leonard the table destroyer!" and run around in circles. I honestly wonder at times what these kids go home and tell their parents. And I wonder what the parents must think of me. If I were a parent, I think I'd worry when my kids teacher is insinuating ideas about how exams are stupid.

It's a great feeling being with them, and in some ways (I'm being hopeful), teaching them. So next time you're sick, don't waste time with the doctor. Drop by my place for two hours of drug free remedy to whatever ails you :) Just leave your adult sensibilities at the door.

No comments: