Friday, November 25, 2005

New Management

College group is undergoing some massive restructuring and rebranding, and with the move to the new campus next month, it's been crazy. I have my bosses changed and although the new ones are more approachable, they are also, for a lack of a better word... chinese. With all the extra work and meetings, I've almost had to run home in time for CreativeKids, which incidentally is doing very well. For the first time, most of my classes are almost full! Adding a new one next year :)

Anyways, these new bosses seem to enjoy meetings immensely. I don't know about anyone else but I think that overdrawn meetings are counter productive, especially when they are in the guise of discussion when in actual fact, it's just a venue for the boss to tell you what to do, albeit highly tactfully. If that's not bad enough, my current boss has a tendency to repeat anything he say at least 5 times. He probably thinks that designers can't figure out managerial stuff. This week alone, I've attended 10 meetings, with today alone having FOUR! And with each meeting averaging 2-3 hours, it has been excruciatingly excruciating.

On the plus side, I have come to realise that I enjoy pencil pushing. I am such a bureaucrat...

No comments: