Monday, October 10, 2005

Dream bliss...

My old mattress has became uncomfortably bumpy with its springs protuding painfully from within. After almost 3 years of use, I guess it has served me well enough, especially considering the amount of time I spend in it (t doubles up as a sofa in my room). Also, at a cheapo price of aboutRM200+ from Giant, it's not exactly a long term investment. Anyways, all clues points towards a new mattress and with my birthday just around the corner, my parents decided to help get me one by paying half the costs.

I had a whole day of mattress shopping planned for with the shops and models plotted out. However, on an impulse, I dropped by a nearby shop during lunch and within 10 minutes, I had made my purchase.

I bought this King Koil mattress with all sorts of fancy medical claims from orthopaedics and sales pitches like double spring coils and reinforced side springs. It was much better than my old one in any case and at a hefty discount, can't complain. Since I saved some cash from the discount, I decided to get myself a bed frame instead and progress from sleeping on the floor. Got a wood one at also a heavily discounted price. The shop must be very generous, going out of business, or have all their products heavily hiked in prices. Hmm...

Anyways, when the stuff arrived, I struggled to install the bed (only 2 hours, groan) and dragged the mattress upstairs (I think it was at least 50kg and huge and took me only 30 minutes), I am now in seventh heaven in sleep comfort! Bliss...

No comments: