Blardy Frigid on a Hot Saturday Afternoon
I have finally 'personalised' my computer and suddenly feel at home again. Getting a new computer is like a new house I think. You take some time to take stock, evaluate the potential, and then get right on making it look and feel like your previous home. Comfort is such a driving human ambition!
Anyways, I am at work this blistery cold Saturday... with the air conditioning at full blast and me tucked in my sweater. College has an open day event today so all staff out at full force. This is officially the end of my first week at work and things have been interesting. Here are some notable insights.
~ Big company environment: We all get a monthly ration of one ream of A4 paper, two rolls of toilet paper, and enough Milo, Nescafe, and Coffeemate for each day.
~ Working hours: I have a punchcard. It feels weird but at least I don't have to justify to anyone when I leave. Hoorah!
~ Working Saturdays: Only twice a month and occasionally for fairs and etc. Have to work next Sunday but there's immediate leave compensation and etc. And no one complains. Unlike previous company where everyone does. It's amazing what an understanding boss and good office morale can do. Everyone here is very cheerful :)
~ Having more colleagues than you can remember: It feels weird coming to work and seeing more than 3 familiar cars and 6 familiar faces.
So far, things have been interesting. No complaints and I have a feeling I will be pretty contented here for a while :) Largely also due to the fact that I can walk to work. I just cannot stress enough how liberating it is to be free from bad traffic snarls! WOOHOO!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment